[Dixielandjazz] Lottie Joplin and Jelly Roll Morton website updates

Mike Meddings mike at doctorjazz.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 14:15:23 PDT 2006

Hello all,

The Jelly Roll Morton website has been updated with the following items:

Richard Hadlock has kindly granted me permission to publish a rare article
about Lottie Joplin by Kay C. Thompson.   This is from The Record Changer
magazine, dated October 1950.   Mention of Jelly Roll Morton.

Millie Gaddini sends an article by M/Sgt. George Avakian, which was
published in The Jazz Record, No. 24, dated September 1944.   King Oliver
and Jelly Roll feature.

Richard Hadlock sends a caricature of Jelly Roll Morton by Gene Deitch from
The Record Changer magazine, dated September 1950, Vol. 9, No. 8.

Don Marquis, together with The New Orleans Jazz Club, have kindly granted me
permission to publish a caricature of Jelly Roll Morton.   This was
published in The Second Line magazine, dated March - April 1955.   Thanks
also to Sonny McGown and Bob Greene.

All the above items can be accessed from the UPDATED BOX at:

www.doctorjazz.co.uk

Musically yours

Mike

www.doctorjazz.co.uk