[Dixielandjazz] Louis Armstrong's 105th Birthday Anniversary.

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 30 18:46:23 PDT 2006

Just a reminder that The Barbone Street Jazz Band performs at Sydney's Blues
and Jazz Restaurant in Rehoboth Beach on Friday, August 4 and again Saturday
August 5. This is our 7th consecutive annual LOUIS ARMSTRONG BIRTHDAY BASH.
We perform from 9:30 PM to 1 AM each evening.

The food is excellent, and the event will be great fun, complete with Mardi
Gras spirit, beads, and swinging jazz, the music Louis loved.

Sydney's Jazz Restaurant
236 Rehoboth Avenue.  (or 25 Christian Street)
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
Tel: (302) 227-1339
Fax: (302) 227-5744

http://www.sydneysbluesandjazz.com/

The Louis Armstrong Birthday Bash is one of the great events of the year at
Sydneys. Barbone Street is always up for the gig. Some folks come from 500
miles away every year to be there and the audience makes us feel like Rock
stars given their reaction. We, in turn, get energized by those beautiful
people, mostly under 40, plus a few older, (like the band. :-) VBG)

Band personnel are; Ace Tesone, double bass; Sonny Troy, guitar; Joe
Mongillo, drums; Vinny Borselli trumpet/cornet; Glenn Dodson, trombone; and
yours truly on clarinet & vocals. High energy evolutionary Dixieland.

It is testament to the fact that this music lives in the here and now for
both young and young at heart. At a wonderful restaurant in a swinging beach
resort town. Make your reservations now for an evening you will always
remember. Or just come on by. You'll neither forget, nor regret it.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

What is Jazz? - Jazz is a transaction between jazz musicians and audience,
an effort, through the workings of sound, (and sight) to share a vision.