[Dixielandjazz] Jonathan "Jazz" Russell CD (w/Ed Polcer)

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 30 12:59:39 PDT 2006

"Gerard Bielderman" <gerard.bielderman at tiscali.nl> asks:

> Is there anybody who can tell me the label + catalogue number of the CD "The
> Sheik of Araby", made by Ed Polcer and Jonathan Russell?
>
> Gerard Bielderman / Leie 18 / 8032 ZG  ZWOLLE / Netherlands
> Publisher of jazz discographies

Dear Gerard & List mates:

I believe it is privately produced.

The liner notes say:

"Recorded in Brooklyn, NY at Peter Karl Studios on April 14 & 15th, 2006. A
Balding Lion Production, most rights reserved. Unauthorized duplication is
illegal and just not very nice." Copyright Jonathan Russell BLP001."

You might ask Jonathan directly at: http://www.jonathanjazz.com

The album personnel are:

Jonathan Russell - violin & vocals
Ed Polcer - cornet
Mark Shane - piano
Mike Weatherly - double bass
Kevin Dorn - drums

Additional vocal support by Suzanne Greene & Eve Weiss

Cheers,
Steve Barbone