[Dixielandjazz] Righrt on! Ring tones

Laurence Swain l.swain at comcast.net
Sat Jul 29 20:42:24 PDT 2006

    Message: 15
    Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:55:22 -0400
    From: "Ron L'Herault" <lherault at bu.edu>
    Subject: RE: [Dixielandjazz] Jazz Ring Tones
    To: "'DJML'" <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>

    How about cell phones being made to only vibrate so the rest
    of the world is not annoyed by an incessant barrage of
    "spiffy" ring-tones.

    Ron L

Good for you, Ron!

I am surprised (but, on reflection, not all that much) that no one
else has made the same suggestion.  My cell has been on "vibrate"
since I got it.  If, for whatever unlikely reason, I were to install
a custom ring tune, it would be the intro to Louis' "West End Blues"
-- but I'll never do it! It is SO intrusive and annoying to others!

Larry Swain