[Dixielandjazz] Axes :) as carry-on luggage

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Sat Jul 29 13:07:11 PDT 2006

Greetings DJMLers,

A few years ago, there was talk on DJML about musical instruments being
allowed as carry-on luggage IN ADDITION TO a small bag. Am I remembering
that correctly?

My friend checked his trombone as luggage last Thursday and is having to
play a festival this weekend with a borrowed trombone because the airline
screwed up and lost his. !@%&#! (I hope it shows up soon!)

I can¹t imagine checking such a prize possession and trusting the airlines
with it. Seems only right that you be able to keep it with you at all times.
In this case, he was lucky to have a friend in that city who owns a music
store and let him pick a replacement last minute, but what would someone do
if they showed up at a festival with no axe (other than the one they have to
grind with the airline)?

Well wishes to all of you!
Love and hugs,
Nancy

P.S. Anyone going to Pismo in October? I¹ll be there to see my sister,
Sharon Doran, singing with Viper Six.