[Dixielandjazz] Re: Trad Jazz Returns to LaBeau's, Martinez, CA

Bob Shoring bobshoring at california.com
Fri Jul 28 17:38:57 PDT 2006

My special thanks to Jim O'Briant for posting about the new Tuesday
night Jelly Roll Jazz Band performances at  J. T. LaBeau's restaurant in
Martinez.
I had not heard previously about this new gig, though I did occasionally
go there before the restaurant was sold.

I was able to make the initial session on July 25th and it was very
enjoyable.  Evidently the word spread quite quickly about this new gig
as the place was quite full, at least the room where the band played.
Anyone in the area would enjoy it -- every Tuesday night 7-10 at J. T.
LaBeau's, at 436 Ferry Street, in Martinez, CA.  And for anyone who
cannot or prefers not to drive, the restaurant is conveniently reached
by train.  The restaurant is 2 minutes walk (if you walk very slowly)
from the Amtrak platform, and the last train back to the Bay Area leaves
at 9:40 so one can catch a full evening of jazz.  I thought the food was
quite good as well.  The restaurant's phone is 925-229-9232.

I also see that Jim has started a group for people who follow the Jelly
Roll Jazz Band at
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/jellyrolljazzband/

Regards, Bob Shoring (San Francisco)