[Dixielandjazz] Auburn's Medical Band

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 27 18:23:30 PDT 2006

Gee. I post one sentence about the Auburn "Medical" band and I get  a slew
of defensive notes on and off list telling me about their credentials, how
they paid their dues, that they are STJSers, etc.

Lighten up guys and gals. The sentence had a ":-) VBG" following it, which
means joke, or funny, or very big grin, or tongue in cheek. The accompanying
article, several paragraphs long, was the "context", what the post was all
about.

Several pointed out that Charlie Gehlbach (trumpet) was the leader and he is
a competent musician. Well of course. That was specifically pointed out in
the article which was also very complimentary as to the band's expertise and
the positive audience reaction. Also in that release was mention of their
CD's and credentials of other members, one of whom sings with the Travis AFB
band. And it was fairly obvious that some members are/were not Doctors.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone