[Dixielandjazz] Out-of-touch Bill

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 27 03:03:45 PDT 2006

Dear friends,
I have been off-air, so-to-speak, for about 3-4 weeks now.
The 'repairs & maintenance' operation on our very small 3-storey 1860s
terrace house is nearing completion, but has unexpectedly taken about 8-9
hours per day of my physical time daily, including weekends.
Much of the work has been associated with the total re- painting work
including unforseen things like dry rot and termite damage, broken sash
cords, reglazing, damaged skirtings, etc.
The rest has involved repair-type things I should have been doing over the
last 5-6 years but didn't, believing that I was too old. Fortunately, it's
all stuff I am trained to do, so labour costs are nil.
Fortunately most of the recent DJML threads have not needed my research
input, but I note that a few are just starting to surface.
The problem is that, pending re-carpeting the house on 9th August, all my
records, books and discographies are stacked up in unavailable piles and
boxes in the Living Room adjoining my 'office'.
Sorry, but as much as I would love to help with a few queries, I can't.
You will have to be as patient, as I have to be at the moment.
Jazz has taken an unavoidable back seat.
The computer is operating, and I am following the daily DJML messages, but
it too will be off-air for a day or so around about 9th August.
I'll talk to you all properly real soon.
Very kind regards,
Bill.