RE: [Dixielandjazz] Si Tu Vois Ma Mère / Lonesome / I Remember When

Mike Marois Mike.Marois at HireLIVEMusic.com
Tue Jul 25 17:26:54 PDT 2006

Hey All;

I remember when we played "Si Tu Vois Ma Mere" with the Hot Frogs, Mike
Silverman would announce the tune as "Have You Seen My Horse".  It makes me
laugh to this day along with the other fond memories of playing with Mike
and Joe Ashworth.  Those were the days!

Mike
Tuba/Computer Guru
http://www.TheDukesofDixieland.com
http://www.theREALDukes.com
http://www.HireLiveMusic.com
http://www.TubaDude.com

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com] On Behalf Of Gary Kiser
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:23 PM
To: DJML
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Si Tu Vois Ma Mère / Lonesome / I Remember When

Ron L'Herault wrote:

>The actual alternate title to Se to vois.... is "I Remember When".  It
>is not a translation of the original title.
>
>Ron L'Herault

Hmmm, I've never seen this latter alternate title.  My Bechet tune list
has "Lonesome" as an alternate title for "Si Tu Vois Ma Mère."  The two
titles have absolutely nothing to do with each other translation wise.
Well, other than my mother often accuses me of "you never call, you
never write..."

All the best, Gary