[Dixielandjazz] Horns on rags

Ivor Jones banjones at sapo.pt
Tue Jul 25 03:48:52 PDT 2006

Hi Bob,

I have in my collection of Ragtime Cds, as well as Schuller's New England
Conservatory Ragtime Ensemble & Sponhaltz's The Southland Stingers playing
the Red Back Book as previously mentioned, and the New Orleans Ragtime Orch.
but also The London Ragtime Orchestra (1991 ) 'Easy Winners' , the English
Royal Ballet Orchestra ( would you believe) playing 14 rags 'Elite
Syncopations' also Chris Barber a CD with the same title  'Elite
Syncopations', A French outfit called Concert Arban, playing 'Le Ragtime'
also the New England Ragtime Ensemble  led by Schuller, titled 'The Art of
The Rag', not to mention Rick Benjamin's The Paragon Ragtime Orchestra. I'm
sure that there are many more Orchestras/ Ensembles playing rags. Some good,
some not so good but worth listening to. A stroll through 'Stomp Off's'
catalogue will reveal more Ragtime Orchestras if anybody is interested.

Ivor Jones