[Dixielandjazz] Re: PC correct lyrics [Stan Freberg]

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Jul 24 22:29:43 PDT 2006

Not to be too picky, but the GENIUS that IS Stan Freberg  (not
Freeberg) (who, BTW,  is still among the living and is in no way
"Past Tense," if you were wondering) wrote "Elderly MAN River" (which
has been recently reissued on a box set called "Tip Of The Freberg"
if you want to also hear the wonderful 9 minute version of "OMAHA!"
and all the other amazing things he and his group of talented singer/
creators and Billy May's Orchestra  did...)

am I over-reacting?

Sorry...

If you have no clue about this man, go to this:
http://www.chrisabraham.com/2006/04/stan_freberg_is.php#more

I think the only OKOM music he really parodied was way on the edge of
our group definition - "How High the Moon" as done by Les Paul and
Mary Ford and Mitch Millers version of "Yellow Rose of Texas" -
everything else was either very "Pop" or "Rock 'n' Roll" - I think he
really likes "jazz guys."

anyway, Freberg is right up among the top of my list of favorite
musician/artist/creator/whatever...

Dave Richoux