[Dixielandjazz] Fake Books

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Mon Jul 24 06:27:30 PDT 2006

Hi All.

I created and publish "Dixieland Fake Book" Volumes 1 & 2, in C and Bb
editions. Some tunes often played by dixieland bands are in my "30s-40s
Fake Book" C & Bb editions.

Many users think they're by far the best that have been available in decades.
1. they're much more accurate, being based mainly on sheet music or
transcribed from the records
2. most of the pop tunes have the verses
3. each sheet has performance notes: rhythm style, suggested tempos,
detailed routines
4. if nothing else, users love the large notes and chord symbols, and
4-bars-to-the-line format. They are readable in dim light or from a
distance.

A few tunes have lyrics at the bottom of the page, but the format usually
doesn't leave room for lyrics, so all lyrics for each book are emailed to
customers as .zip files consisting of individual .txt files.

As I find errors or additional information, I upgrade the sheets.

Complete contents and sample pages are on my website
http://americanmusiccaravan.com
click on "Books" for general and ordering info.
Click on individual books for details and contents

Questions?

--Sheik
http://americanmusiccaravan.com
New eMail address: dwlit at patriot.net