[Dixielandjazz] Horn Parts and Rags

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Sat Jul 22 10:55:20 PDT 2006

Unfortunately, that language was part of the language of the day. Both
black and white composers used those words; that's just the way it was.
Today, whites do not use those words but the rappers do to my disgust.

Jazz is about freedom; in more ways than one. To me it represents the
freedom from the strict european musical tradition and a beginning of
social change here in the US.

Thanks,
Mike