[Dixielandjazz] Horn Parts and Rags

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jul 22 10:09:55 PDT 2006

> However, before you other responders all get warped out of shape over the professor's remarks, remember it was his opinion, and just that, opinion.  Some of the comments made about him are getting a little testy, or downright nasty. Remember that opinions are just that -- not the gospel -- and like noses, everyone has one.

I think, Don, it was how and in what context he expressed his "opinion":
  he's a teacher, and being informed about the basic history of ragtime
should be a given if you're going to stand up in front of students and
pontificate...,
--
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org