[Dixielandjazz] rags

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Jul 22 04:57:02 PDT 2006

The very first ever Dixieland song I played when I was in probably in 8th
grade at Junior High School was Johnson Rag.  I recall it was the first song
in a small format book of Dixieland songs that we had in the school
band...but, arranged for a Dixie sized band.
I can still remember that song.  Nice slur on the trombone followed by an
answer from trumpet & clarinet...repeated over & over.

Congrats to the now deceased Mr. Paplone, band director at Franklin (school)
in Long Beach, California for presenting such classy music to his students.
(He was a clarinetist.)

Jim