[Dixielandjazz] Richard Broadie One Man Band - After You've Gone .mp3

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Mon Jul 17 18:19:18 PDT 2006

Richard has sent you a 4.7MB attachment using Pando, the free program that lets you email any size file or folder. **To open the attached file**, you'll need Pando too. Get it at http://services.pando.com/mailerDownloadInstaller?id=BEF4BFD408FCCEC601

Hi djml gang.

A friend just sent me a great mp3 today of a size that far exceeds my ISP's capacity to handle.  It's a new technology, at least to me, called Pando.  It's a way to send large files online without actually emailing them.  Pando sends out a small message such as the one you're now looking at that contains about 10 K of information and includes a link that allows you to download the much larger file much in the manner of downloading it from a website.

 This way you can email large files to your individual friends or even to mailing lists such as this one.  If you lack broadband and/or you don't want to download the file, you can simply delete the small message like the one you're reading right now with no harm done.  If you're still on dial-up and are patient, you can dowload the large file in the background and do other things while its downoading.  For folks with broadband, the download is almost instantaneous for an mp3 file and very easy to do.  Of course, if you used Panda's maximum file size of one geg, the download time would be MUCH longer.

As a sample, I'm sending you a link to an mp3 of After You've Gone that I recorded for my "Dicksieland Jazz" CD a few years ago that uses my digital workstation to imitate a 7 pc dixieland jazz band.

If you want to try out this technology just download the free Pando system and try it out.  I think its fantastic.

I'm too lazy to upload to a website to share files with friends.  This is an "everyman's" very simple way of sharing music, pictures or whatever in an extremely simple and user friendly way without loading down the recipient's computer.

I hope you find this new technology as exciting as I do.  At last there's a way we can share our music and pictures on the djml by sending out very small messages that the recipients can chose to download as if they were on a website.  Of course you can simply delete the message or ignore it with no more harm done than if someone recommended you look at a website.

I think this technology is extremely exciting and opens up a whole new world of possibilities.  Heck, I may even get involved with the djml again.  This is FUN!  (I hope you notice that I like this stuff!)

Dick Broadie