[Dixielandjazz] Thomas Dorsey

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Mon Jul 17 14:37:07 PDT 2006

Facts are hard to come by using the web.  For example, one site below
declares his conversion experience at age 16, first gospel tune the next week,
Tight Like That and others years later.  Same source says the wife's death  that
inspired, Precious Lord occurred in 1932.  Other source says,  1930.  There are
any number of web sources on him--I just picked a quick  two.  Indisputable
is what he did for gospel music!  I spent  hard-earned allowance money on sheet
music for "Peace in the Valley" about 1951  or so.  Cost was $0.50.

No time for a lot of research, but no dispute either of your  explanation
that his focus forever changed after death of wife and infant  son.
Ginny
_http://www.honkytonks.org/showpages/tadorsey.htm_
(http://www.honkytonks.org/showpages/tadorsey.htm)

_http://www.songwritershalloffame.org/award_recipient_detail.asp?ceremonyId=9&
awardRecipientId=75_
(http://www.songwritershalloffame.org/award_recipient_detail.asp?ceremonyId=9&awardRecipientId=75)

In a message dated 7/17/2006 2:10:43 P.M. Central Daylight Time,