[Dixielandjazz] Thomas Dorsey

Donpowell101 at aol.com Donpowell101 at aol.com
Fri Jul 14 17:18:56 PDT 2006

Dorsey was the father of gospel music.
He went back and forth between secular and gospel,
'until' his wife and son died in childbirth.
That experience brought forth "Precious Lord, Take My Hand",
and finished forever Dorsey's involvement with secular music.
Another Dorsey composition that was a huge success was 'Peace In The Valley.'
a hit for Red Foley, Ernie Ford, and especially Elvis Presley.