[Dixielandjazz] 11th Grade Jazz History

mmckay macjazz at se.rr.com
Wed Jul 12 08:34:58 PDT 2006

 As a retired state level educational administrator/ex band director etc.
I've got to add that I took a look at these materials and they certainly are
well done. (Note that I am not discussing the content. I'm talking about the
format and procedures followed.)

They are totally complete, tied in a solid and direct manner to national
norms and standards, based on readily available materials and work from both
a historical and a jazz/arts perspective.  That pretty well gets all the
parts covered with pro performers!

I'm just starting through them from my personal musical perspective and
would be interested in hearing what others have to say about them,
musically.

Mart

Martin D. McKay, Designated Listener