[Dixielandjazz] Silly season

Anton Crouch anton.crouch at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 12 00:51:50 PDT 2006

Hello all

I know that the silly season starts on the 4th July but DJML has excelled
itself this year.

First we had the abundance of posts on the "10 CDs" issue, and most people
missed (or ignored) the critical word "representative" in the initial post.

Then followed the Glenn Miller business and I'm surprised that nobody
mentioned that Miller was really flying to Paris to take the Da Vinci code
back to the Louvre.

The jag/washboard stuff was diverting and I have the awful feeling that
some of it was serious.

Nothing, however, could match the announcement that Milton Quackenbush is
moving from Branson to Australia.

When is Labor Day?   :-)

All the best
Anton