[Dixielandjazz] Jag playing

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 11 09:10:48 PDT 2006

Dear DJML'ers -

May I call your attention to the ramblings and musings of one of our DJML
subscribers whose name is Bill Sharp.

His mind is in constant disarray and his postings reflect this sorry state
of affairs. His latest offering has to do with the word "jag" and he seems
to relate this to the corrugated nature of a standard washboard in a
misguided attempt to prove an absurdity.

Sharp writes:

(impolite snip)

" . . . crowds still shout, 'Go, Jagger! Go, Jagger! Rock out, dude!' all
the while paying homage
to washboard players . . . "

(end snip)

I would like to correct this whimsical notion by pointing out that crowds do
NOT shout out anything during a washboard performance!  Instead, they sit in
reverent, awed silence as they behold the true beauty of this magnificent
musical instrument.

Pay no attention to that man (Bill Sharp).  It is no coincidence that his
initials are "BS"!

Respectfully (sort of) submitted,

Bill "Thimbles" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com