[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Camp in Sacramento

Vaxtrpts at aol.com Vaxtrpts at aol.com
Tue Jul 11 01:58:28 PDT 2006

It might be a little off topic for "OKOM," but we are doing a weeklong jazz
camp with the Jim Widner Big Band at Cal State Sacramento this week.  It is  a
great band, with musicians from all over the USA.  We are teaching five
student big bands, combos, improvisation, music theory and master classes all
week.  We do a free concert every night except Wednesday. Friday night all  the
student bands play, plus the Widner Band.  The concerts are at 8 PM,  except
for Friday, when it starts at 7 PM.
I hope that some of you from the Sacramento area might be able  to come hear
us perform.
You won't be disappointed.
If you can make it, please come up and say hi.
Mike Vax