FW: [Dixielandjazz] Relevant Dixieland

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sun Jul 9 12:45:48 PDT 2006

> But not selling Potato Head Blues, or all that early stuff because the
> mass audience, and kids, are totally ignorant of it.

But what if, in and amongst, you play "swinging" versions of a few of his
old stuff, to introduce them to it?  Wouldn't you, over time, be widening
their field of appreciation, and thereby span the musical decades WITH young
people enjoying both the old and new?,
--
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general

I'm leaping in on this one, Mike.  This is what we do in Spain.  Play the
so-called "understood things", then slip in a few classics.  These songs do
catch on, and quite quickly.

Jim