[Dixielandjazz] Re: 10 Representative Dixieland Recordings -- List?

Dave Hanson jazzdude39 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 8 14:49:48 PDT 2006

I don't see anyone mentioning the name of Ernie Carson.....I know many on this list personally don't like Ernie, but that shouldn't detract from the fact the he was/is one the best "hot" horn players in the last 35 or more years. Wild Bill also respected his work, as do I, and I've had MY problems with Ernie as well. George Buck has a couple dozen of his works, many outstanding, and with a wide variety of sidemen.
He is certainly worth a mention.

I'll stand back for the flaming !

Dave Hanson
Trombone