[Dixielandjazz] PORTABLE SOUND SYSTEMS

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Thu Jul 6 10:29:24 PDT 2006

The gigrack 1000 at $499 weighs only 25.3 pounds - you may not need this
kind of punch although the two EQ's are nice and I will bet the other units
are lighter still.

a.. 8 main channels
a.. 3-band channel EQs
a.. Pan controls for each channel
a.. High-quality preamps
a.. 2 - 7-band BSS Audio graphic equalizer
a.. 2x500W power into 4 ohms for stereo or main/monitor operation
a.. RCA record outs
a.. 15-1/2"W x 8-3/4"H x 10-1/3"D
a.. Speakon speaker connectors
a.. RCA inputs for CD player
a.. 15-1/2"W x 7"H x 10-1/3"D
a.. 25.3 lbs

The fender units have somewhat wimpy speakers (4 - 6 inchers times 2) and
when packed up aren't light
here are the specs for the Fender. Note it weighs 53 pounds which is more
than my EON's

a.. Perfect for groups ranging from 300-500 people in size.
a.. Gray luggage style molded case that protects the product during
transportation from physical amage and the elements.
a.. 53 lbs.
a.. Six input mixer: Four mic/line Two mono/stereo
a.. Operates on AC or with Passport DC power accessories
a.. 250 watts (125 per channel) stereo
a.. Digital Reverb
a.. All range speaker design featuring four 6" drivers per cabinet.
a.. Two P-51 microphones (with mic clips, cables and individual carrying
pouches)
a.. Two 20' Speaker Cables
a.. Compatible with Passport wireless accessories
a.. Perfect for groups ranging from 300-500 people in size.
a.. Gray luggage style molded case that protects the product during
transportation from physical amage and the elements.
a.. 53 lbs.
a.. Six input mixer: Four mic/line Two mono/stereo
a.. Operates on AC or with Passport DC power accessories
a.. 250 watts (125 per channel) stereo
a.. Digital Reverb
a.. All range speaker design featuring four 6" drivers per cabinet.
a.. Two P-51 microphones (with mic clips, cables and individual carrying
pouches)
a.. Two 20' Speaker Cables
a.. Compatible with Passport wireless accessories

Personally I would rather carry in a couple of light weight 12" speakers
with horns and a 24 pound PA head that will remove paint off the walls  than
one 53 pound unit.
Larry
St. Louis