[Dixielandjazz] 10 Representative Dixieland Recordings

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 5 13:14:03 PDT 2006

My 2 cents is get some current CDs by PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL ALIVE.

10 Representative CDs is an impossible task, but to get as close to the mark
as one can, it would be helpful to have "What's Happening Now" Dixieland
than "What Happened Then" Dixieland.

Shoot me, but IMO, Hot 5, Hot 7, ODJB, King Oliver is just not relevant to
the current audience. What is relevant?

Randy Reinhart's latest: "As Long As I Live" (arbors)
The latest BobCats CD from list mate Ed Metz.
A Joe Hopkins CD.
A Blue Street CD

ETC. Bury the dead guys and move on to the best of the live guys.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone