[Dixielandjazz] Joe Avery Blues & Rock Around The Clock

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Jan 30 21:57:39 PST 2006

Yep they do Bill, and this is exactly the fodder that keeps the RIAA,
ASCAP and BMI and SESAC AND the US COPYRIGHT OFFICE, IN BUSINESS AND
THIER LAWYERS GETTING FATTER AND FATTER still trying to settle the
first lawsuit they filed years ago, same old story different day.
All the old and many of the new songwriters borrowed lines and riffs
 from each others songs and in many cases just outright stole them in
the first place.   Hence old what's his name that refused to ever
record cause he didn't won't nobody stealin' his music.    Hummm the
old boy had something there huh?   Even W.C. Handy and Clarence
Williams were not beyond stealing a tune or two or God Forbid  Saint
Jelly roll Morton, :))    It obviously became enough of a problem that
they had to create ASCAP and BMI  & the copyright office to deal with
it.

When the Hell are they gonna start suing the damned DJs??

Cheers,

Tom  "there outta be a law" Wiggins  :))