[Dixielandjazz] Soprano (Ukulele) banjo movie star?

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Sat Jan 28 09:20:11 PST 2006

Regarding Rudy Vallee, his main instruments were the clarinet and the alto
sax. Later, he added singing to his resume. During the late 1920's, he began
a career in the movies playing roles associated with college and, if memory
serves me, played a ukulele for solo outings and singing with his band on
other occasions. He can be seen in mid-30's musicals "George White's
Scandals" and "Sweet Music". The screen suited Vallee well and he continued
to be in movies and television for the rest of his life.

Stan
Stan Brager