[Dixielandjazz] Songs I hate

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Sat Jan 28 08:33:46 PST 2006

Craig;

For me, it's not the songs which I dislike (hate's too strong a word), it's
the rendition. "Tiger Rag" was mentioned by several. In the hand of a
plodder, it can be dull as molasses. But listen to the Benny Goodman Sextet
or Django Reinhardt and the Quintette of the Hot Club of France - they make
it come alive.

So it is with many tunes and many bands.

Stan
Stan Brager