[Dixielandjazz] Songs I hate

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sat Jan 28 09:37:34 PST 2006

I like Struttin' but then again I am hearing an early Louis Armstrong band
in my head when I hear the tune or try to play it.  I keep striving for the
effervescence of that recording.

I wonder if those who dislike Tiger Rag have ever tried to play it in an
authentic way or if they settle for the simplified version that one usually
hears.

Ron L