[Dixielandjazz] European chord symbols

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Thu Jan 26 08:34:38 PST 2006

Kash said :-

> Ain't Misbehavin'
> http://www.massifjazz.com/images/aintmis.jpg
>

> Craig, you've got it all wrong.  The "left-hand, right-hand" notation is
not
> for the bass.  It is dividing the measure up into half....the left hand
side
> of the slash being beats 1 & 2, and the right hand side are beats 3 & 4.

Jim, I think you're looking at the wrong bit. The numbers Craig is on
about
are those you can see in bars 18 & 19 of the chorus. I don't think they
relate
to chord position. I've never some across this notation before, but
suspect Craig's description is correct.

Andy Ling