[Dixielandjazz] CD Baby

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 25 12:42:44 PST 2006

"Robert S. Ringwald" <robert at ringwald.com>

> Relax Steve, many of us have been using CD Baby for a long time.

Well gee whiz, thanks for keeping it to yourselves for the 5 years I've been
on the list. When there is a "Dixieland" list, complete with band leaders, I
am amazed that precious little information about how to make the music
succeed is shared. Does anyone except a few of us care whether or not this
music prospers? Or are we trying to protect sales turf?

When surfing their site, I did spot some list mate albums there. Gary Kiser,
and New Black Eagles, not many more so I asked on list for some CD Baby
feedback before I sent them CDs, all of 3 or 4 people responded. I guess
there must be a "silent majority out there, that does not share. :-) VBG

Are most of us content just to play our 2 gigs a year for dead folks at
failing jazz festivals while pontificating our own myopic jazz world view
that no one is left that listens to the music?

Damn, when we find a way to expand our collective ability to play the music,
we sure as hell should pass it along. . . enthusiastically too.

Cheers,
Steve