[Dixielandjazz] Goodman tour

acjspres at aol.com acjspres at aol.com
Wed Jan 25 12:14:06 PST 2006

I heard the Peplowski "Sing, Sing, Sing" concert this past week here in
Phoenix. It was very good.......great rhythm section, also strong trumpets and
bones...I thought the sax section was just adequate. Ken was wonderful as
always.......I would have liked a few tunes with just the rhythm section instead
of the big band. He asked for requests for an encore.....they did play a short
version of Avalon and then closed with King Porter Stomp  (Fletcher
henderson arrangement) . Allan Vache' is doing a Goodman tribute in Tucson  this
weekend and I am playing one in Sedona, AZ.

Looks like Goodman is still riding high........

Joe  Hopkins
AZ Classic Jazz Society Vice-President
Jazz Clarinet...52nd Street  Jazz Band 602-810-5888 or 480-396-6798
_www.azclassicjazz.org_ (http://www.azaclassicjazz.org/)