[Dixielandjazz] 10 YEAR OLD TRUMPET PLAYER - IAJE

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon Jan 23 23:48:17 PST 2006

Mike Vax wrote:

(snip)
> I didn't hear the internet recording, but I will tell you Bob, that you
> are WRONG. You do NOT have any 10 year old trumpet players in Sacramento
> that play anywhere near as good as our young friend at IAJE.
 (snip)

OK Mike, I may have exaggerated  a bit, to make a point.  I will say we have
12-year old trumpet players that play that good.  And, that was not good.

Listen to the clip.  And then listen to Jonathan -- A world of difference.

Of course, I was not at the IAJE convention to hear this kid in person, but
on the clip, he was terrible.  I would not have presented him to the
conference.

--Bob Ringwald