[Dixielandjazz] A plethora of 10 year old jazz musicians?

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 09:58:32 PST 2006

Hi Steve and all,

You asked:

>Anybody know of a happy ending for one of these prodigies?  There MAY be
>one or two, but sorry to say, I've never heard of one!

I certainly don't know the full stories on these two, but both achieved
great success as adults:

Yehudi Menuhin
Wolfgang Mozart

I bet I could find a few more if I thought about it.

For example, when I was extremely young it was observed that I had a great
talent for laziness and procrastination . . . there were those who observed
that, indeed, I was gifted in these skills. I have continued to develop
these qualities all through adulthood and now that I have achieved the rank
of "geezer" I may be considered a master. While this may not be directly
related to "musical" development it is a fact that the "rest" is an
important part of musical notation.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com