[Dixielandjazz] $101 MILLION to PRINCETON UNIVERSITY FOR "CREATIVE & PERFORMING ARTS"

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 21 19:51:25 PST 2006

tcashwigg at aol.com wrote:

> In my obviously slanted not necessarily humble opinion:
>
> Almost all Musicians could be considered as Philanthropist since they
> collectively Give away more Free music a year than this small amount of
> money by comparison.

Sorry for the first attempt at an answer, it's been a long day at the
Showboat. Did a "double".

Glad you said "almost all Musicians" Tom. 2005 was the best year this jazz
musician ever had, going all the way back to 1949.

235 gigs, of which only 2 were freebies. (willingly donated to pet
charities) Rest were well paid. On track for around 260 this year, so far.
At 71+, both the spirit and the flesh are also willing, so far. :-) VBG.

As you know and preach YCDBSOYA.

Cheers,
Steve