[Dixielandjazz] Trouble playing Jonathan's .mov clip

Laurence Swain l.swain at comcast.net
Sat Jan 21 12:29:50 PST 2006

I wanted to see/hear Jonathan Russell again (saw him live at Moodus this past July), so I
went to

http://media.baruch.cuny.edu/faculty/movies/jrussell/ChinaBoy.mov

I got the tiny screen and could see Jonathan in action, but there was no sound, even
though the volume control was at max.  Nor did I see anything in the tiny player window
that I could click on to get the full-screen display another listmate said was possible to
summon up.

Yesterday I downloaded the latest version of Quiktime because the sound on video clips I
watched using it had become hopelessly chopped up; the new version displays .wmv
files with flawless sound.

But I get no sound with the Jonathan .mov file today.

Anyone got any helpful hints?

Larry  Swain