[Dixielandjazz] Movie stardom

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Jan 16 22:48:34 PST 2006

A friend of mine was a session and band drummer in LA for many years
(he is now the editor of a Bay area drumming magazine.) He played
drums in several scenes for the 1984 movie "Swing Shift" (with Goldie
Hawn and Kurt Russell) and he knew  the camera on him a lot. When the
movie finally came out, the only thing we could see of him was a
small portion of his (very bald) head.

I was also interested in that film because a book my mother wrote set
in the Big Band era was in consideration for screen adaptation at
about that time - I guess they figured two movies even somewhat about
the subject would just be too much...

Dave Richoux