[Dixielandjazz] Big Time Woman

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 16 21:33:52 PST 2006

Thanks to everyone who helped me trace Big Time Woman
[Tom Belmessieri, Bill Haesler, David Littlefield, John P. Birchall,
Craig I. Johnson, and Ted Shafer (off line) ].

Ted gave me chords in F. John gave me a Band-in-a-Box version in C, David
checked on the composer. Tom found lyrics.

I found Crawley's recording on the web, with a Bb instrumental ahead of a
vocal in Db.
I used the melody and words from this record. They differed slightly from
John's melody and from the lyrics on the web.

I have a PDF file, in C, for the asking.

A Great group.
Thanks again,
Bruce Stangeland,
Berkeley banjoist