[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans - the movie

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Mon Jan 16 20:00:22 PST 2006

I think they put the band in the movie "Imitation of Life" With Claudette
Colbert.  In that movie they do a full size marching band with uniforms in a
funeral parade.

A lot of fun stuff ends up on the floor.  A couple of years ago I was in a
made for TV movie filmed here in St. Louis.  I was a member of a string
quartette playing in one of the old Victorian mansions for a wedding. I
auditioned for the jazz band.  The scene takes place about 1890.  I sat
around all day in tie and tails that were too small and they ended up
catching my knee, fleetingly.  Oh well that's show biz.
Larry
St. Louis