[Dixielandjazz] More on -- Indian Sagua

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 16 06:48:47 PST 2006

Thanks to John Birchall I now have a lead sheet for "Indian Sagua"
Thanks John...

I'll be quite interested in what Bill Haesler and Brian Harvey find out
about this tune.

I've got quite a number of "untitled tunes" in my head as a result of my
listening
to a variety of old tapes in my car. This is before the mp3 files where you
can
see the title on the display -- of the tune that is playing. This leads to
my saying to
the band: "I don't know the name of this tune, but it goes:
"dah, dee, dah, dah..... etc , Let's go boys,  a-one and a-two and a-"

I know I've heard this tune many times before, but never called "Indian
Sagua"
as I know that is not on any of my tapes by that name. I'd love to know the
other title(s).

Thanks guys,
Craig ("start the bubble machine") Johnson