[Dixielandjazz] Sad news...

Elazar Brandt misrad_hajazz at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 16:04:11 PST 2006

Shalom dear friends and listmates,

I am writing from Las Vegas where my father passed away last Thursday at age 82
from generally deteriorating health complicated by pneumonia and other issues
at the end. I arrived on Friday and the funeral was Sunday morning. Dad had a
long and full life, and his demise was relatively peaceful, with family and
friends around to ensure he had proper care and encouragement. I last saw him
in September at my daughter's wedding followed by a week with him back at his
home in Vegas. At that time he was still relatively strong and functional. All
of his children and grandchildren and their spouses flew in from around the
country to be here, as well as many wonderful friends and neighbors. We are now
sitting shiva at his home.

We have been very blessed over the years with few deaths in the family, so when
they happen, they hit hard.

I will be back in Israel on Monday, and can be reached by email in the
meantime. You are welcome to write me personally anytime  at
jazzmin at actcom.net.il, but PLEASE NOTE I will not see posts to DJML until I get
home next week.

May all of you have a happy new year, and may we see better days ahead in 2006.

Elazar Brandt
Dr. Jazz Band
Jerusalem, Israel