[Dixielandjazz] Hawaiian style

Anton Crouch anton.crouch at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jan 13 20:34:15 PST 2006

Hello all

Bill Haesler wrote:
<I have that "Clownin' The Frets" [Farewell Blues] by the Los Angeles
Biltmore Hotel Trio on 'Honolulu to Hollywood' (The Old Masters CD mb 123)
which listmate Anton Crouch talked me into buying some years ago.<

Yes, guilty as charged   :-)

And why not? Nice transfers of the Andy Aiona Novelty Four sides (listed in
Rust) and the ultimate in cross cultural jazz, from Sol Bright.

I refer to "A Wee Doech an Doris" - a song about Scotch, sung in Gaelic,
Hawaiian style! I wonder if Don Ingle's dad and the Spike Jones outfit knew
this record. They would have loved it.

Aloha
Anton