[Dixielandjazz] Re: Philip Elwood R.I.P.

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Tue Jan 10 22:28:56 PST 2006

Sad news indeed, Phil was one of the greats and seems he almost never
met a musician he didn't like.   The San Francisco Bay area will be
hard pressed to find someone as good and as fair as him to fill his
shoes.   Probably the Only Critic I ever liked, he even said some nice
things about me once in awhile.  I used to love his stories about
hanging out in Slim Jenkin's Place with all the Jazz legends that
played there.    In 1990 I got to do something nice for him, Got him
inducted into the West Coast Bay Area Blues Hall of Fame.

He will be missed by many.

So long Phil.

Tom Wiggins