[Dixielandjazz] John Cage

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:12:30 PST 2006

Hi all,

Steve Heist writes (regarding the "organ/ASLSP" project):

>it brings to mind some VERY interesting questions...
>1. Is anybody listening???  and, if so, will the piece be interrupted for
>the funerals of the audience members or will they just be hauled out?
>2. If they applaud at the end - will there be an encore?
>3. Are they RECORDING it??? (talk about some storage problems :-)
>4. and, if they ARE recording it, what happens if 100 or so years from now,
>someone hits a bad note - do they go for a SECOND take???

Important questions indeed.

I'd like a little more information on the composition itself . . .  can
somebody send me a lead sheet?

Just the melody and chord line is fine unless there are lyrics, in which
case I'd like those too.

By the way, I just replayed my recording of 4'33" by John Cage and my feet
are still tapping!  What a musician!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "     " Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com