[Dixielandjazz] PAYMENT, SARDO'S

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 7 19:57:42 PST 2006

on 1/7/06 8:49 PM, Gene & Betty Lynch at bettylynch at verizon.net wrote:

> Great answer, Janie.  We don't think we need anybody from the Easr, or even
> Manhattan Beach, telling us how to do our thing here, expert, know-it-all or
> whatever, based on guesses.
>
> Gene & Betty Lynch
> Redondo Beach, CA

Yes indeed, Janie's answer was a great one. However, please note that in my
original, post I said that I hoped someone would tell me, with supporting
facts, that I was wrong in what I surmised.

Point being that when bands and/or promoters give the music away . . . for
no good reason, they damn well do need to be told, by whomever has the balls
to do so, that they are DESTROYING the market for the music as well as THE
MUSIC ITSELF.

And that is precisely what has happened to OKOM over the past decade and
continues to happen right now. As Pogo would say, "We have met the enemy and
they is us."

Doesn't take an expert or know it all to realize the simple truth of the
matter. And I certainly don't claim to be either, so flattery will get you
nowhere. :-) VBG

Sorry if my beliefs offend you.

Cheers,
Steve