[Dixielandjazz] Trad Jazz on XM Satellite Radio

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 4 20:11:33 PST 2006

Russell Marvin <ramarvin at yahoo.com> wrote in answer to OKOM on XM?

> To answer your question, XM Satellite Radio has a show on Friday nights at 9pm
> called, "The French Quarter" that plays OKOM. The show is hosted by Dave
> Robinson of the Traditional Jazz Educators Network. On Sunday nights they have
> Jim Cullum's "Live from the Landing" show on the Public Radio channel. They
> recently added another new show called "Ebony and Ivory" featuring ragtime,
> stride and boogie woogie.

Yes, and Dave will play YOUR CD on that station if you send him a copy and
don't totally suck. He even played cuts from some of mine. So, send him your
CD, if a hack like me can get played . . .etc.

Got a call from my buddy and former band mate Peter Pepke last week, who
head the show at his new home in Western Pennsylvania. He heard Barbone
Street's "Someday You'll Be Sorry" with a vocal by Paul Grant, our resident
Black trumpet player. (What???, Black's play Dixieland? VBG:-). Dave had
played it on "The French Quarter.

Dave may be reached through the Potomac River Jazz Club website, (PRJC)
lives in the Washington DC area, plays a great trumpet, bass trumpet,
cornet, fleugelhorn etc., and knows how to swing. Or write me off list and
I'll send you his email address.

He is also music director for one of the best youth jazz bands in the world.

Cheers,
Steve