[Dixielandjazz] Re: Vol 37, issue 3

baglady4 at juno.com baglady4 at juno.com
Mon Jan 2 19:38:09 PST 2006

>From Bob:
Check out www.johnnyvarro.com

Also note the Benny Goodman Tribute tour he will be doing with the Ken
Peplowski band.  If they are anywhere near you, be sure to catch them.
****I attended the ChickenFat Ball today, featuring Ken Peplowski with Chuck Redd (drums/vibes)  Randy Sandke, Ed Polcer, Scott Robinson, Derek Smith and Nicki Parrott
and Ken mentioned he and Chuck will be on the Benny Goodman tour for ten weeks. I believe he said they start on the West Coast and work their way east.  I agree with Bob...if they are ANYWHERE near you...make the effort, youwon't be disappointed.
 and Tom:
Riding or walking, playing "movable" Dixieland is sure a lot of fun.
>From Tom Wiggins' marching extravaganzas to Steve Barbone's strolling Atlantic
City group to our parade in the cold air of Montclair on NYE, people really
enjoy that presentation and that's what it's all about to me.
******I'm one who was enjoying the presentation...the music negated the cold weather...and some rain and snow....and thier set indoors was *HOT* !!!!!! and, of course, received a standing
*O* !!!!!
Two great nights/days of OKOM....what a great way to start the New year!!!!
Nancie