[Dixielandjazz] On Parade

Pam Munter pam at pammunter.com
Sun Jan 1 17:43:22 PST 2006

Our band is going to be playing on a flatbed in a local parade, towed
by a golf cart.  Yes, picture it, if you can.  This parade is a big
deal in our little town, so we want to sound as good as we can.  The
problem is amplification.  Our keyboard and our bass player need the
support of an amp and several of our band members need a mic.  Being
new to all this, I have no idea what my options might be.  We have
access to a generator for power, but I understand they are quite
noisy.  Can they handle the power demands?

Does anyone have experience with this interesting form of
performance?  Hey, at least we're not marching!

Thanks.

-Pam Munter
The Bees' Knees
Palm Desert, California