[Dixielandjazz] Microphones

Stephen Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 27 15:51:52 PST 2006

Well... the BIGGEST problem about putting a mike 4 to 6 feet in front of
the band is - most guys don't know how to direct their horn RIGHT at the
mic...  Heck, I've had guys that were a foot from the mike and didn't have
the ability to "play" the mike...  They'd start off a solo playing right at
the mike and half way through turn the bell away from the mike and the last
half of his solo wasn't even heard....  Besides you'd pick up all the
abient noise on the stage - feet shuffling, tuba player breaking wind,
generally NOT a good idea.... :-)
Feedback problem would increase dramatically...  Sorry, but in general,
closer is better :-)
All the Best,
Steve Heist

You can NOW visit my NEW website and check my schedule at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~steveheist/
Drop on by today!

<dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>